The “L’Olivella Bed and Breakfast” is placed inside “Palazzo Formusa”. The “palazzo” was built in the early 1900’s by Giuseppe Formusa, a goldsmith who came from an old family of Termini Imerese (Pa). The “palazzo” became the headquarters of his “silver factory” and his family home.
The second floor flat has recently been renovated of furniture. Its ceilings are decorated “fresco art” and it is furnished with period pieces. It maintains its antique charm. The grandson and great-grandaughter (Carlo and Elena Lo Cicero) of the founder have opened the “L’Olivella b&b” offering potential clients all the creature comforts.
In the square in which the bed and breakfast is located can be found the church of “S.Ignazio all’Olivella”, an example of the sumptuous baroque architecture and the “Museo archeologico Antonio Salinas”, famous in Sicily and in Italy for the wealth of its archeological artifacts, such as the sculptures found on the site of Selinunte.
The Olivella area is closed to traffic both night an day and many pubs and “craftsman’s studios” can be found in the streets around. We advice you to visit the “teatrino” and the “laboratorio dei pupi” of Mimmo Cuticchio, one of the few remaining examples of enjoyable Sicilian culture and tradition.